Wednesday 5 September 2012

Andrew Goldie / 攝影藝術家

© Andrew Goldie

Perhaps it is strange to put Andrew’s work in the ‘I Came Across’ group, given I known Andrew for a while.

Not the very first artist I worked with but I’m glad to have Andrew as the first artist featured on my blog. Sydney based photomedia artist Andrew Goldie worked in UK, US, Mexico, and many Western European countries since 2000.

Goldie have been working in both visual art photography and commercial photography, notable clients including Sydney Magazine, Financial Review Magazine, Sunday life Magzine, Sport & Style, Good Weekend and East West Magazine.

I came across an artist statement describing the work above which I really enjoy

“I live on the beach at Bronte so every now and again like this morning I get out there for a sunrise and take a few photos.   I just got a new camera, the Nikon D800e so I’m super keen to get out there and try it out.    This scene is about 30 metres from my front door so it’s not a far stretch but I was up late watching the Tour de france.   Luckily my 10 month old boy is a good alarm.   He always seems to wake up half an hour before sunrise. Perfect timing.” – from passage Bronte, July 2012

In 2006 he lived and exhibited in Japan where he returned in 2012 and commenced his new series Japan Panorama, this new series present the public a remarkable depiction of diversity within the culture, nature and cityscape – I’ll talk about it next week.

‘I came across’ (偶然發現),實際上對已認識多年的Andrew來說,其實不算最適合。

不是我首位合作的藝術家,但我很高興Andrew同意我寫關於他的博客文章。Andrew Goldie自2000年以來,先後在英國,美國,墨西哥,和許多西歐國家工作;作品重視國際性形象。
攝影是Andrew的重點專業,過去他曾為Sydney Magazine, Financial Review Magazine, Sunday life Magzine, Sport & Style, Good Weekend and East West Magazine等媒體合作。

我真的很喜歡Andrew對上面的照片的陳述:

2012年7月:我是住在Bronte海灘旁的。某一個日出,被10個月大的兒子弄醒了,他安靜下來之後,我也差不多完全醒了,趁機拿着新買的攝影機嘗試一下。這一幕是從我家門前​​約30米,想不到碰巧一個完美的時機。

2006年Andrew從日本回澳,2012年作客到日創作全新Japan Panorama系列攝影作品我將博客一下。